Monday, May 09, 2011

Reflection

Tomorrow we will be parents of a 4 and a 2 year old.  The 4 year old I've been working on coming to terms with over the last month, but now my baby girl is turning 2.  That along with the fact that next week will mark our EIGHT year anniversary has me baffled....simply baffled.  Sometimes when there is the rare quiet moment I just sit and think "Wow...really?! Am I really to this point in my life?"  As a lot of people say, on the one hand it's flown by but there are also weeks that seem to last for ages...of course the challenging ones when we're sick and grumpy.  Yet I SO SO vividly remember how it felt in those first moments with both of them when I heard them cry, got to hold them, and nursed them....just like it happened literally yesterday and I can't believe that years have passed.  Even to think of Mike and I as newlyweds eight years ago...if at that moment we would have been able to look in a crystal ball and gotten a glimpse of our family I would have collapsed in a puddle of happy tears. I have been so blessed in my life, not to say we haven't had some tough times and health battles with the kids and with my dad, but we are all strong and have amazing love for each other and for that I couldn't be more grateful.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Isn't it amazing how fast it all goes? I also vividly remember your wedding and can't really believe it happened before kids. Love that we all have such great family memories!

Julie said...

Awww... that is so sweet, Heidi! You, Mike, and your whole family are truly role models and an inspiration.