Monday, April 11, 2011

Life as a Girl...

Well it's official, we have a little girl growing up in our house. A full-fledged, pink-dressing, doll-toting, drama-stirring, shoe-loving, hug and kiss-giving, giggly, pouty, GIRL. I knew it was coming and that she would be this way...what I didn't know was that well before the age of two she would have a preference over what shoes she'll wear or that she absolutely MUST wear her piggy pajamas to bed or the world will most certainly come to an end. She is so playful and loveable, and while she demands to be loved, she also dishes it right back at ya. If anyone in the room lets out a little yip she'll be right there rubbing your head or shoulder with her cute little hand and head cocked to the side saying "you okay mom? es okaaaaay mama, shhshhshh..."  So nurturing.  Ben to this day could care less about what clothes he wears, although some days does have a preference for what shoes he'll wear. But once he makes up his mind, we're set and out the door. Brooke...she usually has to try on at least 3 different pairs before being certain that THESE are the ones. Where she gets this I don't know, little old MOI would never be so indecisive (wink wink). Oh well, I've been told that giving them choices and letting them feel like they have some sort of control over their lives is important. So I wait. I take lots of deep breaths, help when asked, and wait. :)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Ummm...yeah. She's as much a mini Heidi as Ben is a mini Mike. :) Love that little diva!!!