Friday, October 14, 2011

Ben's big news...



Well, I guess the day has come...my little boy is growing up. It's much sooner than I ever thought it would be, but I guess it's bound to happen eventually and I just need to accept it. It just feels awfully rushed, but I was informed of something very important while picking Ben up from school today. Olivia has announced that she and Ben are getting married. I was a bit taken back, I mean he talks about Olivia a lot...how they always sit together in the van and at gymnastics, and he helps her with her seat belt and to get her shoes on. But this...I just, I never knew it was so serious....they seem awfully young.  But, I guess maybe when you know you just know? It went down like this:

When I showed up at the playground behind school two of his teachers were sitting visiting and were like, "HEY! Did you hear the news?" Ben had run up to give me a hug and Ms. Diana said, "Ben, uhhh....don't you want to go say goodbye to Ethan?"

Oh God, what was so bad that Ben couldn't hear? She continues...."Apparently Ben and Olivia are getting married", as they both giggled. "Ohhhhh! Is that so!" When I asked who had announced this, him or her, they assured me it was Olivia. Just then Ben called me over to show me where the kids were digging a hole. Olivia looked at me defensively as I said, "Hi! I'm Ben's mom!"

"Oh, hi!" Pause. "Ben and I are getting married. I mean, we already are...we got married the first day of school, and the second."  I smiled and replied, "Oh, and how about today?"  "Yah, we're getting married again. You can come if you want."  I looked at Ben and asked, "Ben did you know about this?"  He nods and says casually, "yup." I respond, "and are you okay with it?" He shrugs with his hands up and says, "Yah, sure!"

Hilarious.

I can see why he can't resist her, her little pink corduroy jumper with cream tights and mary janes, neatly placed barrets, and her absolutely adorable little glasses. At least he goes for the intellectual types....or maybe he had no say in it at all. Mike of course responds with, "oh great...the crazy possessive women are after him already."

No comments: