September 21st. You'd think it would be a date forever stamped in my brain but my mom had to remind me last night that on this day 2 years ago Brooke had her big surgery. (On a side note I went home and told Mike and he said "ya I told you that last night but you weren't listening"...oops, guess not!) I guess it doesn't really matter what day it happened, because you know what? It's behind us and over with now and maybe that's why I didn't realize the significance of today, but I CAN'T help but sit here and think about her. And sit at work and try to hold it together as I consider my deep deep gratitude, huge relief, and absolute joy (I could go on) that she is what and who she is today. Words can't possibly describe it. I've always thought that as awful as it was to watch her go through it, I thank God every day that we are so blessed to have it over with and that she is the perfectly healthy, adorable, hilarious, smart, sassy, loving, independent little girl that she is. And then my heart aches for the families who battle with health concerns with their kiddos for weeks, months, years....lifetimes. September 21st, on this day and every day we are so very very blessed...not just for Brooke but also for Ben, for each other, for our whole families and each and every precious day we have together.
8 hours ago
2 comments:
In that last picture, Brookie is just saying, 'ya, mom, no biggie, I'm a surgery survivor and I rock!'
Love that feisty girl and so grateful for her!
Umm...you need to tell me when you blog so that I can go and read it!!! Love our little Weebs so much...she is such a trooper and bring so much joy to my life...and so many others! Love you!
Post a Comment