Me: "Oh hi Ben!"
Ben:
(Sure enough, big gob of gum in front of hair...suspiciously similar to his first-ever piece of watermelon bubblegum I gave him at like 2 pm yesterday.)
Me: "What?! BEN! How did that happen? How did you even have gum in your ROOM?"
Ben: "Mommmmeeeeee! Get it OUT!"
We relocated to our bathroom where I propped him up on the counter to assess the situation.
And then I got the giggles. Seeeeeeeriously child?! You're not usually the one to cause trouble. I started trying to pull. And he said a lot of "OWWW" and "STOP!" so I decided to go get some of the peanut butter I'd heard can assist in these situations. I just had to cut out some of the big chunks, rubbed the peanut butter around a bit to create a big mess. Every couple minutes I'd pause and we'd both laugh.
Me: "Okay Ben, so what happened?"
Ben: "Well, I woke up, I put it in my mouth for a couple chews, and next thing I woke up this morning and it wasn't in my mouth. I looked all around and couldn't find it, then thought, uh-oh......"
How he snuck it into his bed, where he stashed it, I'm not sure I want to know. But I AM pretty certain he won't ever do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment