I had one of my favorite days home with the kids that I've had in a while yesterday. I couldn't have been happier to hear a big snow storm was going to hit on my day off. As my Boise peeps know, we haven't seen much if any at all and it's mid-January! The kids and l ran to the window when we got up just to sit and stare at the big flakes coming down for a while. We started out by first taking all the cushions off the couches. (?) Heck why not, I wasn't ready to head outside at 8 am anyway. I suppose they wanted to practice their skills of running and jumping and fort building before we took those skills outside.
(That blur in the middle is Brooke jumping off a chair into the pile.)
Oscar loved our new arrangement, and the kids smothered him with love as we lazily lounged and giggled and chatted. For a long time. Loved it.
One of the highlights of the day (and well my life so far) was when I said something to Brooke and she replied:
"You don't need to call my Brooke Mommy, just call me Princess. Say this Mommy: 'Princess, would you like a treat?' "
Wow. Just wow. Then she did this:
Man how I love that kid.
It was looking like this outside, we'd eaten breakfast, yup...I think it was time.
AND, they kids wanted to try out their new sled that Santa had brought them so with the 2 degree slope we have in our backyard I was able to use my heavy self to pad the snow so that Ben could take a few runs down it:
More playing, then Brooke got hungry (shocker) and we were all cold so headed in. Special treat with lunch to warm our cheeks was hot cocoa with marshmallows. And straws of course.
See? Cold red cheeks.
After some more playing we were still kinda chilly and getting kinda sleepy, so we arranged the cushions into a big bed and turned on the fireplace for a half hour of movie watching before naptime. Oscar tried to take my spot, he's obviously sleepy too.
And more Oscar Doggie loving. Can't even tell you how many times Ben's said lately, "Mommy? I love Oscar." Pinch.
When the kids headed upstairs I MAY or may not have curled up on that bed in front of that fire for a little snooze of my own. Seeeeee? Awesome day right?! I loved it, and I love them!
1 comment:
I LOVE those days! Though we have our "snow days" when it's 112 degrees outside. :)
Such sweet kiddos! Such a sweet momma.
Post a Comment