Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Little Pigs!

Something very exciting in a mother's life has happened today.  Something especially exciting to a mother of a hairless two year old daughter...she let me put piggy tails in!!!  I've tried many times only to be told "No no NOOO it HURTS!" and today tried another approach..."See mommy's ponytail?  You want one too?"  And yup, that did it!  For some reason the crazy kid likes to be like me.  So, we got it done, brush...two pink rubber bands...little bit of whining...LOTS of praise about how adorable she is, and now she doesn't want to take them out!  SCORE.  And I can't even describe in words how cute she looks.  We went to Costco and I proudly carted her around, hardly even getting irritated at the two of them pushing, hitting, and yelling at each other in the cart.

As usual Ben didn't cease to crack me up today on the way there.  I love eavesdropping on their conversations, and he's in the back seat saying, "Brookie...we're going to Costco.  Mom shops, Dad works, that's how it goes."  Oh reeaeaaaalllly?  I couldn't help but chime in, "BEN!  Mom works a lot too you know!" By this time we've pulled into the parking lot.  "WELL, either way mom, I am NOT going in there, that place is for GIRLS."  That's interesting.  I mean, I guess I do in fact do a lot of the shopping, but rarely take him along, and he certainly goes with dad to the tool store and pet store a lot.  But ya, maybe Costco typically IS for GIRLS!  Anyway, he quickly snapped out of that and gladly held his sister's hand in the parking lot, which never fails to melt my heart.

No comments: