8 hours ago
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
A day in the life...
Okay so a few things happened today that have left me chuckling, which I've decided are the little things I really should be journaling about. Well, I don't journal, so...blog! First off we had a really great Christmas and New Year, maybe I'll come back to that if I get a chance. :) Well Brooke is still high maintenance yet hilarious, and very motherly to her 2 babies and the dog. Case in point, as I was getting ready this morning and brushing my teeth, she insisted on doing so as well. She wants to do everything Mommy does. We're brushing away, and I look down and she has her toothbrush in doggie's mouth. "doggie brush". I dart toward her fearing what may come next and you guessed it, she's quicker than me and yup, back in her mouth. Yummy. Well, I just convinced myself that whatever they say about dog mouths is true and washed it off and tried to move on with my day. Next story concerning hygiene...Ben has become very private about using the bathroom, always closing the door and never wanting help anymore. Fine by me! Well I hear this sloshing sound coming from in there and go peek in. The kid's got the plunger and is plunging away like a pro. "what are you doing?" "all that toilet paper plugged it up mommy"....NOT of course the poop I'm sure. Brooke is of course right on my heels and before you know it everyone's involved and grabbing at the plunger and the toilet as I shudder at the water splashing around everywhere. Luckily it's true...all I see is paper and I swear to God the kid used half the roll. Finally I got the kids to BACK away, and everything DOWN the john, and we had a little chat about how he needs to ask for help next time. "no I don't mommy, I can do it, I don't need you". Obviously. Next story is SO sweet...not at all about dog breath or toilets. We needed to go to the grocery store BAD I mean BAD today and I just refuse to take both kids. I'll take them both a lot of places but NOT a big grocery store trip. So as soon as Mike got home from work I was armed with my list and my coupons, and Ben begged to go with. Mike refused, saying..."every time you take the kids you make me swear to not let you do it again" but after Ben and I both begged and swore we wouldn't complain, the two of us were off to the store. And I have to say, it was one of the most pleasant grocery store trips I've ever had! We strolled along and chatted about what we needed, he gave input usually only when asked, like "do you do want strawberry or raspberry jam". Then came the stroll down the toilet paper aisle (told you he used a lot), when out came the completely unsolicited gaze up at me and "I WUV you mommy", just as the middle-age woman walking past us stopped. She and I both teared up and she said, "oh my WORD that is so sweet". I scooped him up and told him I loved him too and we were all on our merry way again. He doesn't say it much, but when he does it makes it that much more special and heartfelt. He insisted I needed his help unloading the cart and loading up the bags (Winco...ugh) and we chatted on the way home about how yesterday his friend at school got in trouble because he broke his promise that he would NOT eat the garbage ever again. Ewwww....what? Who knows. Thus is life with toddlers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hilarious! At least your kids aren't eating garbage... (!)
How am I just now seeing this? And how did I not hear about the first few stories? Awesome post, sissy!
Post a Comment