
He's here! Benjamin Joseph was born on April 4th at 7:58 am. He's a big boy, he was 8 lbs 10 ozs and 21 1/2 inches long. He is doing wonderful and has made us so happy! Here's the story of how it went down...we were scheduled to be induced at 5 am on April 4th. The day before, the doctor put a catheter in my cervix to start getting me dilated before the induction. By that afternoon I was having pretty regular contractions and we went to the hospital around 11 pm because I was getting really, really uncomfortable and my contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart. Once there they said I was dilated to 3 cm and I was staying! I got an epidural (the best thing ever invented) and was able to rest through the night as I continued to dilate and contractions continued at the same rate. Around 7:00 am I was fully dilated and we were ready to go. Dr. West showed up, I started to push, pushed for about 15 minutes and the little guy was born!! I was really lucky and we were so amazed the first time we laid eyes on him...he is so perfect and the whole labor went so well. We stayed in the hospital two nights and came home with our new son on Friday morning. He's been doing great, he really is a happy little guy and has been letting us get some pretty good sleep at night, just waking up every 4 hours or so to eat. He's also a very good eater and nursing has been going well, and he's packing on the weight! Mike has been off work all week and it's been so nice for us to spend time the three of us and Mike's very helpful, changing way more diapers than I have. We've been busy taking pictures and uploading them here, if you want to take a look! We'll keep you posted!
1 comment:
Welcome Little Ben!
Guys, he's adorable. You did a great job. Congrats!!
Post a Comment